Thursday, February 1, 2024

                      

                        Did I Forget Something?

 

An elderly couple, Seth and Susan, began noticing that they were getting much more forgetful in their old age. Naturally, they thought it might be a good idea to discuss the problem with their doctor.

The doctor reassured them that this was quite a common experience for people as they got older and suggested that they start writing things down so they don’t forget.

When they got home, Susan asked Seth to get her a bowl of ice cream from the refrigerator.

Should I write that down for you, Seth?” she said.

No, Susan. I’m sure I’ll remember a bowl of ice cream,” Seth responded.

OK, Seth,” said Susan, “but I want some whipped cream with my ice cream, too. Should I write that down?

No,” said Seth. “I’ll remember. You want a bowl of ice cream with whipped cream.

Seth, I’d love a cherry on top, too,” said Susan. “Should I write that down?

No, I got it,” said Seth. “You want a bowl of ice cream with whipped cream and a cherry on top.”

So Seth disappears into the kitchen to get the ice cream and spends an unusually long time there before returning about 40 minutes later.

He returned to the living room and handed Susan a plate of eggs and bacon.

Susan stares at the plate momentarily, and then she looks at Seth.

Where’s the toast?” she asks.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment